Motón 40mm orbit criquet
- Up to 14:1 holding power – highest available!
- Smooth easing of sheets
- Manual ON/OFF ratchet selection
- Swivel shackle head for unlimited block rotation.
- Stainless steel shackle head and compatibility with sharp fixing points.
|Sheave Ø||40 mm|
|Max. Rope Ø||9 mm|
|Max. Cable Ø||mm|
|Pin Ø||4 mm|
|B. L.||500 kg|
Automatic and manual ratchet options
Now you can enjoy the flexibility of setting up your fitout exactly to suit yourself. Ronstan is the only company that offers a 40mm ratchet block with both auto and manual engagement models*
With automatic models, the ratchet mechanism engages when load is applied, but switches off when it’s released. This lets the sheet run out smoothly and freely-great for rapid easing of the sheet and for gybing asymmetric spinnakers.
Manual modes allow the ratchet mechanism to be switched on or off as required. This is the preferred mainsheet set-up for many top sailors.
* Selected Series 40 models.
Quite simply, Ronstan Ratchet Orbit Blocks™ have the highest holding power available. The sophisticated NC-machined sheave features Generation 2 of our patented sheave cross-hole geometry. The Series 40 delivers up to 14:1 holding power, almost double that of our nearest competititor.
The unique sheave design has 8 gripping faces which directly resist loaded line movement. Traditional designs have an angled resistance to line movement. Our Generation 2 design has straight resistance faces which both distribute the load and minimise rope wear. These faces are offset from the radial line, to draw the rope down into the gripping area when under load.
With auto models the sheet runs out smoothly and freely as soon as the ratchet mechanism disengages. When engaged, and with manual models, the sheave cross – hole geometry eliminates the ‘shuddering’ ease-out that you can expect from traditional v-groove ratchet blocks.
Stand-up kits feature a clatter-free rubber boot. You can attach the Dyneema® link so that the block is aligned with the stand-up base or across it. It’s a neat low-profile solution which allows full articulation.
- Dinghy mainsheet systems
- Mainsheet fine tune systems on sportsboats & small keel boats
- Mainsheet systems on sportsboats using RF7 mainsheet swivel cleat unit
- Spinnaker and job sheets on dinghies – especially modern asymmetric classes
- Control line applications on larger yachts
- Sheave: Anodised Aluminium
- Ball Bearings: High compression strength carbon black Acetal
- Frame/Cheeks: Toughened, glass fibre reinforced Nylon
- Rope Link: UV stabilised, multi-strand impregnated SK75 Dyneema®